Call for Young Elected Politicians 2022
The call to join the Young Elected Politicians programme 2022 is now open!
The Young Elected Politician Programme
The Young Elected Politician (YEP) programme looks to bring together young local and regional politicians from across Europe to network, exchange best practices and contribute to the work of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR). By joining the YEP programme you will have the chance to work with other young politicians and represent your local authority and region at a European level.
European Year of Youth
This year is the European Year of Youth. The YEP programme 2022 will look to integrate this into this year’s programme events under three topics:
- Bringing Europe closer to its people: The YEP programme will help you to build bridges between your city and region and the EU, will give you inspiration on how to foster democracy, and will allow you to find ways of involving young people in democratic discussion and in local life.
- Building resilient communities: Under this topic, the YEP programme will give you a deeper insight into the European Green Deal, to inspire and be inspired by the projects of fellow YEPs, CoR members and other politicians. You will also get to know how to contribute to EU climate change and carbon-neutrality targets.
- Cohesion as a fundamental value: The YEP programme will allow you to learn about funding for local and regional authorities, to understand how cohesion policy can help the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis and the development of your city and region, and to share best practices with other YEPs and politicians.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you:
- hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union
- were born after the 1st of January 1982
- do not hold a mandate as a CoR member or alternate
The deadline for applications is the 8th of April 2022.
To apply or to find out more click here: Join the YEP community! (europa.eu)