The Single Market Programme (SMP) is the EU funding programme to help the single market reach its full potential and ensure Europe’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides an integrated package to support and strengthen the governance of the single market.
The programme has six objectives:
- Food Safety
- Consumer Protection
- Support to SMEs
- A more effective single market
- High quality European statistics
- Effective European standards
The Single Market Programme undertakes a number of activities:
- data gathering, analyses, studies and evaluations in support of effective enforcement and modernisation of the EU legal framework
- capacity-building activities and facilitation of joint actions between EU countries, their competent authorities, the European Commission and decentralised EU agencies
- financing of mechanisms allowing individuals, consumers and business representatives to contribute to decision-making processes
- strengthening the exchange and dissemination of expertise and knowledge
- setting of common European standards
The programme budget for the 2021-2027 period is €4.2 billion.
European Health and Digital Executive Agency
European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
The programme is available for small and medium enterprises.